Exton Little League
Minors (Roberts) Division Guidelines
Minors division follows the Little League Regulations and Rules for Baseball, with the exception of dropped third strike. There is NO dropped third strike in the Minors Division.
Continuous batting order, free substitutions. Players removed from the position of pitcher may not re-enter the game at the position of pitcher.
All players must play a minimum of 3 innings in the field per game (6 inning game). Please try and stagger player’s bench time so that no player is on the bench for more than 2 consecutive innings.
5 run limit per inning. The exception is the last inning will be unlimited runs. The last inning MUST be agreed upon by both coaches before it starts.
10 run mercy rule after 4 innings (or the home team is leading by 10 or more after 3-1/2 innings).
Players may steal bases after the pitch has crossed home plate (no leading). There is no stealing of home.
Max pitch count differs by league age. Kids aged 9- and 10-years-old may throw a maximum of 75 pitches, and an 11-year-old may throw up to 85 pitches per day; 8-year-olds can pitch a maximum of 50 pitches. Pitchers may finish the batter once pitch limit has been reached, and the pitch count remains at the maximum for the age (ex., if a 10-year-old is pitching to a batter and gets to 75 pitches, and when that at-bat ends the pitcher is at 78 pitches, the pitch count for the pitcher is officially 75 pitches).
Pitchers' day's rest:
· If a player pitches 66 or more pitches in a day, four (4) calendar days of rest must be observed.
· If a player pitches 51 - 65 pitches in a day; three (3) calendar days of rest must be observed.
· If a player pitches 36 - 50 pitches in a day; two (2) calendar days of rest must be observed.
· If a player pitches 21 - 35 pitches in a day; one (1) calendar days of rest must be observed.
· If a player pitches 1-20 pitches in a day, no (0) calendar day of rest must be observed.
Pitcher to catcher: A pitcher who delivers 41 or more pitches in a game cannot play the position of catcher for the remainder of that day.
A catcher moving to the position of pitcher rule: Any player, who has played the position of catcher in four (4) or more innings in a game, is not eligible to pitch on that calendar day.
The home team opens the field; visiting team closes the field.